Fun top tips on advocacy site from across the pond
Winning Trial Advocacy
I will add a few:
* Do research your expert - more than 3 in 4 of us don't and take it on trust. Check out what your expert really knows about children
* Listen to the throw away lines and phrases - when I fished the video out from among my children's Disney dvds denotes a certain lack of reverence for the court process - but it is the phrase that slips out and the witness tries to distance themselves from that can be the most telling
* think about the answers to the questions - not the questions themselves
* listen to the answers - don't stick to your script slavishly
* stop when you're ahead - you don't get paid by the question - less is usually more
* watch for the witness straying out of their field - get them back to what is clinically or forensically provable
* listen for the 'I would have' done X point - did they or did they not?
More thoughts to follow.
Women wins costs after judge issued harassment order against her - A woman who had been made the subject of a harassment order has won 70 per cent of her legal costs after she and her former partner reached a compromise ag...
2 hours ago